While the description of beauty is partial without the description of hair, how stressful it may be to lose the hair. In this blog, we will find ways to reduce hair fall and tips to promote hair growth. Learning the cause of hair fall is the first step toward detecting the right solution.
There are various factors that may cause hair fall. The five major factors that influence hair loss are:
- Hereditary: Hereditary tendency may be one of the major causes of hair loss. If parents or close relatives have suffered from hair loss, it is highly likely that you may also face it.
- Lifestyle and Stress: Anxiety and tension aggravate a disorder known as telogen effluvium, which causes hair fall. In this disorder, hair follicles go early into the resting phase of the hair growth cycle. Other than stress, lack of sleep and nutrition in the diet along with an unhealthy lifestyle such as smoking or high level of alcohol consumption may result in hair loss.
- Hormonal Changes: Pregnancy, childbirth, hormonal disorders like PCOS, and menopause may lead to partial or permanent hair loss.
- Medical Conditions: Thyroid disorders or autoimmune diseases may trigger hair loss. Chemotherapy or radiation used in cancer treatment as well as blood thinners and antidepressants could produce brief or enduring hair loss due to side effects.
- Seasonal Hair Fall: A change of season often leads to hair fall. This is the effect of the natural hair growth cycle. It mostly occurs during summer with increased heat and excessive sun exposure.
There are other causes such as changes in hair care regimen, undue sun exposure, chemical hair treatments, hairstyles, and excessive sweating during the summer.
Incorporate these tips into your daily beauty and health regimen to maintain and promote healthy hair growth.
- Keep a healthy lifestyle: Sufficient sleep, a healthy diet, regular exercise, and maintaining a less stressful life are some of the elements of a healthy lifestyle. Consume a mix and match of fresh fruits, vegetables, proteins, fats, and whole grains. Include nuts, fish, and eggs in your diet for they are rich in hair-nourishing properties.
- Stress Management: Manage stress effectively with meditation, yoga, calming exercises, and sufficient sleep. They help in controlling and reducing stress in your life. Sleep of about 7-8 hours is crucial for overall well-being and hair health.
- Tender Hair Care Regimen: Use a wide-toothed comb for brushing your hair. Keep a hairstyle that doesn't pull your hair from its root. Use mild cleansers. Restrict the use of hair blowers, hair dryers, straighteners, or curlers. Avoid combing wet hair as wet hair are weaker and is prone to breakage.
- Scalp Massage: Massaging the scalp helps in proper blood circulation and promotes hair growth. Using natural herbal oil and massaging in a circular motion for about 5 to 8 minutes aids in deeper penetration of oil, which conditions, moisturizes, and nurtures the roots of the hair resulting in well-nourished and healthy hair.
A multifaceted approach is essential in dealing with hair fall problems. Patience and consistency are the keys to solving all problems, as you don't get any results overnight. Protecting your hair from sun damage, following a healthy lifestyle, and getting adequate sleep and proper nutrition can notably reduce hair fall and induce hair growth.